|Reference Number: GGA-2017-7976
Closing Date: 14/07/2017Company Profile:
Parkhead Development Company is a subsidiary of Parkhead Housing Association Limited and has been created to provide environmental maintenance and general facilities management services for the housing association’s stock, in and around the Parkhead area.
The company will provide long term, sustainable employment for local people; employing them to carry out these tasks and ensure that the closes and surrounding areas are clean, safe and fit for purpose for the residents.
Key Responsibilities and Skills Required:
The job holder will provide day to day support in the delivery of estate service contracts, specifically undertaking basic grounds maintenance, caretaking, general cleaning and basic repairs service to our properties. This will require operating specialised machinery for soft and hard landscapes, some use of chemicals and other hazardous substances. The job holder will be required to be courteous and polite to customers and other staff at all times.
The job holder is required to operate within the appropriate organisational policies and procedures in the provision of their services which may include; lawn maintenance, i.e. grass cutting, strimming, application of herbicides and pesticides, shrub pruning, other similar grounds maintenance duties.
Along with, vacant property clean and clears, removal of dumped items and basic repairs. This is not an exhaustive list and other duties requiring similar skill levels may be required.
They will be required to operate within the appropriate health and safety regulations ensuring the working environment, property and occupants are safe and secure at all times. They will also be responsible for reporting anything that may pose a risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
You will be trained and supported to carry out the following duties:
- Applying herbicides and pesticides controlling weeds and moss.
- Remove and dispose of litter and bulky items (fly tipping).
- Maintain lawns, machinery and tools.
- Maintain communal pathways, shrubs, grounds and car parks.
- Undertake minor tree surgery where required.
- Check and test communal and emergency lighting and adjust timers.
- Check communal entry doors and code key fobs as required.
- Clear low level gutters and drain gullies.
- Check communal lights and replace or report defects to line manage.
- Dispose of bulky items (fly tipping).
- Minor fencing repair and paving works.
- Sweeping of car parks, paths.
- Low level window cleaning.
- Visually inspect child play areas and report defects to line manager.
- Carry out role specific risk assessments.
- Assist with access and monitoring of contractors which may include attending site inspections with housing officers regarding various issues.
- Carry out basic redecoration, painting and repairs to communal areas and report any further maintenance to line manager.
- Carry out vacant property clean and clears/ office removals and scheme decants.
- Weekly stock control checks, completion of daily and weekly departmental paperwork.
- Basic literacy skills.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation. (desirable)
- Working knowledge and experience of undertaking grounds maintenance, caretaking, general cleaning and basic repairs duties.
- Experience of working in a domestic/cleaning environment.
- Experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads.
- Some practical experience in operating hand tools and machinery.
- Some experience in understanding simple verbal instructions and undertaking duties as requested.
These are all desirable skills. We will consider those without formal training or experience who are keen to progress in this field.