vel. Duis ornare

Latest News
Follow Us

01355 274910

Room 323 Edinburgh House 20 Princes Square East Kilbride G74 1LJ

Mon – Fri 10.00 – 17.00

GO UP

Community

It has been a very busy couple of weeks for our Fundraising and Marketing team: 50 walkers donned the bright green Achieve More T-shirt and a kilt to walk the Glasgow Kiltwalk on 29th April, the following week we held our annual #AimHigh Charity Ball, with over 160 supporters in attendance. These events are vital to raise much needed unrestricted funds to enable us to develop and deliver new and responsive services for our participants. Another key aspect of our

Up and down the country thousands of young people have been left feeling slightly betrayed and majorly underestimated.  Many feel that the voting  age should be lowered to 16 everywhere and not just in certain cities. I myself strongly believe that we as young people should be able to influence key decisions that affect us directly.It is very important for young people to feel like they can express their views and to feel like their voices are heard.  Its very common

In recent years it has been made clear that many of the youth services offered to young people all over the UK have had to face major financial cuts leaving thousands of young people with nowhere to turn. An estimated £387m is believed to have been cut from youth services and it doesn't look like things are getting any better. Another study found that 603 youth clubs were shut down between the years of 2012  and 2016. This is not something

“Glasgow 2018, holiday hunger is a real and sadly growing issue in this city. It beggars belief, doesn’t it? That in one of the richest countries in the world, any child should go hungry during the holidays.   Holidays are meant to be fun, a time to play and explore and spend time with your pals, but for so many of our children and their families, poverty turns those weeks into a series of cruel choices. Even families entitled to free school meals do not

Hey, my name's Sam. I'm twenty years old and I'm a young person who recently joined the amazing team at Achieve More Scotland. My goal for the next six weeks is to grab your attention and make you think about some of the major issues facing thousands of young people all over the UK. I strongly believe that we as young people deserve to have our voices heard, we deserve the same opportunities and we deserve just as much support and encouragement

If you are a young person seeking for an apprenticeship, we might have a job for you. Since January, our Employability Officer has been working hard to establish different job opportunities for our young people. #DreamBig is a programme to find your own path on the professional world, this may not be the kind of jobs you were looking for but If you want to be part of the project and let us help you to find your opportunity, do

As part of our employability programme at A&M Scotland we are running a residential from the 11th to the 13th of August for those currently engaged in our activities that are looking to enter the world of work.   We will host a fun weekend at the Lockerbie Manor, a big house located in the south of Scotland to help you to find your own path on employment. During our time together at Lockerbie Manor all participants will undertake fun group activities

Last week we started a series of blog posts where we will talk about our Employability Programme Dream Big! We wanted to start giving some answers to the most common questions we have received and showing the path you would follow If you decide to join in. To know more about this Programme, you can contact us at [email protected] DREAM BIG! Q&A What is Employability?  Employability is developing skills that will help you access and achieve Employment, Education and Training. What

Our goal for each participant is that you become the best you can be, that’s why Dream Big is our motto.  At A&M Scotland we are passionate about people and passionate about employability. Through the employability programme we will encourage and journey with you as we support you to follow your dreams. We want you to grow your skills, develop yourself professionally and flourish within employment, education or training of your choice.  I want you to ask yourself 3 questions.